Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Blogging with Students

I just wanted to express something I did in class with my students. I know since we had to create a lesson using technical communication I thought I would put it to use in my classroom. I created a blog for my students and I put posts on there and then they make comments. I use it for checking of understanding, exit cards, current events, problem solvings and all sorts of things. It is so much fun. I have students that are checking them at night and making comments. I really enjoy this with my students. This is something that is especially great for those students who are quiet and don't like to speak in public, this is a way for them to get their voice heard. I strongly encourage teachers to try to use it with your students.

2 comments:

KB said...

Awesome! I totally agree with you about giving the shy kids an opportunity to express themselves. I tend to be the shy, quiet one. I never liked classroom discussion where we each had to contribute something. It felt threatening. The blog is a great way to accomplish the same goal in a non-threatening way. It sounds like it's a success. I hope you continue to make the blog a part of your class.

Anonymous said...

I really wish that I could allow the kids at school to blog. It really is a fun thing, and it provides for a great educational experience with the right guidance. Even though it is time consuming, the benefits outweigh the time and effort put in. Like you stated, it allows other students, with other learning and social abilities, the opportunities to communicate and feel good about it.